Pages

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

HEY LADIES, ITS NOT BEER, ITS MEDICINE

I'm no doctor. I think we all know this. As a matter of fact, I frequently use a line I borrowed from Paula Deen. "I'm not your doctor honey, I'm your cook beer sommelier!" But I've written before about how beer had ingredients that could be good for your health. I've prayed and hoped and dreamed that research would prove that beer is good for us so I can tell my mom to zip it! Now, maybe its finally here.

Check out this article by Miller-McCune. In it they say that "habitual beer drinkers had higher bone density than habitual wine drinkers or teetotalers..." Hmmm.....exciting!

Want more? Check out the article Hey, Ladies ... It's Not Beer, It's Medicine by Tom Jacobs at Miller-McCune.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, I just came across this blog in the food GPS article... as a female homebrewer, I love it! With regards to this post... I recently brewed a strawberry-rhubarb wheat that I feel pretty good about drinking: vitamin C, manganese, and potassium in addition to the B vitamins from the yeast! (I've even served it with breakfast on vacation!) Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Christina,

    This is my first time reading your blog and see that you are in LA. This seems to be the only way to send you a message.

    I live out in the San Gabriel Valley and think there is a great little "gastropub" you which you would enjoy. It is in Claremont, and called The Back Abbey. http://www.thebackabbey.com/

    30 Belgian Beers on tap, 80+ worldwide beers on the bottle, and some really amazing food. The Back Abbey Burger is not to be missed.

    I am actually heading there tomorrow night with a couple friends. I look forward to seeing your review someday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And here is a new site that will help the ladies get their favorite beers in their favorite pubs - flirting with the bartender is optional!
    www.beerpetitions.com can help you show the bartender that it's not just the beer chicks that love craft beer - bring your beer to your pub www.beerpetitions.com

    ReplyDelete