Pages

Sunday, April 8, 2007

Easter Beer!

Look what I found behind a shrubbery this morning during my family's annual Easter Beer Hunt!

Gouden Carolus Easter Beer

This is Belgian Strong Ale brewed by Brouwerij Het Anker from Mechelen, Belgium. Corked and caged and a lovely 10% abv, this bottled "dark special ale" remains on the lees until it pours a deep ruby red.

This beer is not for the weak at heart or the lager drinker, but if you like licorice, this is your long lost friend. Very malty, with a viscous, creamy mouthfeel, this beer has flowery bready aromas, and a HUGE spicy herbal (sage?) anise back. I wouldn't say that its smooth (although I hate that word as a descriptor), but this beer definitely has some heat.

I'm happy to drink it on this cloudy rainy Los Angeles Easter.

Thank you Easter Bunny!

No comments:

Post a Comment